- Top Local News
Athens man among 11 traffic fatalities over holiday
An Athens man was among 11 people killed in eight traffic wrecks over the Thanksgiving weekend, Alabama state troopers reported.Continued ...
- D.A. will collect food, other items for needy during Athens parade
- Trial reset Feb. 24 for man charged with cemetery vandalism
- BREAKING: $10,000 reward offered in fatal Limestone wreck
- UPDATE: Shooting suspect remains jailed
- Athens man among 11 traffic fatalities over holiday
- Today's Local Feature
Added parking slated for event center
Officials plan to add approximately 65 parking spaces for the Limestone County Event Center, pending contract approval by the county attorney to buy the site of the former Tennessee Valley Wholesalers warehouse and shed on East Pryor Street.Continued ...
- 'Heroes' building the community one project at a time
- Limestone fourth-graders 'Fill a Ford' with food
- Added parking slated for event center
- State and Nation
Farm bill takes aim at state animal welfare laws
The future of state laws that regulate everything from the size of a hen's cage to the safe consumption of Gulf oysters may be at stake as farm bill negotiators work to resolve a long-simmering fight between agriculture and animal welfare interests.Continued ...
- Returning Alabama Guardsman surprises son, 7
- TVA increases CEO pay in fiscal 2013
- Alabama school board ends graduation exam
- TVA to close coal-powered units in Colbert, Jackson counties
- Farm bill takes aim at state animal welfare laws
- Local Sports
Tanner heads south for its quarterfinal playoff game
The last time Tanner played a road playoff game, the Rattlers left Reeltown with a three touchdown victory to advance to their second straight state championship game. If Tanner wants to play for a third consecutive 2A championship, it will have to win at Montgomery Academy tomorrow night.Continued ...
- FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: Predicting the quarterfinal playoff games
- Ala officials wooing Boeing aircraft plant
- Athens’ Schrimsher honored for big 2nd half
- Athens, Tanner join parade to quarters
- Tanner heads south for its quarterfinal playoff game
- Athens couple ‘doing all right’ in house divided
- No. 1 Tanner heads to Class 2A semis after 26-14 win at Montgomery Academy
- Mosley, Joyner among 5 Nagurski Trophy finalists
- World Cup crystal ball: 10 predictions for Brazil
- Several talented QBs wrapping up careers in SEC
- Sharing courage: Local girl continues to collect coins for kids with cancer
- Medical pot looks to 'color inside the lines'
- Some school districts quit healthier lunch program
- Coffee, wine and sushi! New pregnancy book says OK
- Actor Jamie Foxx to host human rights show in Alabama
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 12/6/13
Farmers Market ribbon-cutting
The public is invited to a 2:30 p.m. ribbon-cutting Saturday to see improvements to Farmers Market at the corner of Green and Houston streets. The market area will open at 2 p.m. to view work done by volunteers with a $20,000 Lowe’s/Keep America Beautiful grant.
Bring the kids to visit with Santa and KALB’s Sparky.
- Limestone Ledger 12/5/13
- Limestone Ledger 12/6/13