- Top Local News
- Calhoun hosting skills extravaganza today for Alabama high schoolers
- Electric bills to increase 6% for Athens Utilities customers
- Mardi Gras parade held on Marion Street
- School board splits on principal transfer
- Melson seeking District 1 state senate seat
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Alabama House to debate stringent abortion ban
The Alabama House of Representatives will debate four abortion bills, including one that would ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected.Continued ...
- Obama: Russia 'on the wrong side of history'
- A Cold War reprise as US seeks Moscow's isolation
- Winter's last gasp? Another storm hits much of U.S.
- Chapo's Rise: From poor, abused to cartel kingpin
- Alabama House to debate stringent abortion ban
- Local Sports
Final 48 schedule set
Tanner (20-8) will defend its 2A state title against No. 6 Elba (24-2) Tuesday at the BJCC.Continued ...
- AHS, East, West, Tanner players named to NW Regional all-tournament team
- NORTHWEST REGIONALS: Fletcher nails last-second 3 to send Tanner to Final Four
- NORTHWEST REGIONALS: Frosty shooting by Tanner girls leads to 39-28 loss to Red Bay
- NORTHWEST REGIONALS: No. 5 Tanner trails No. 8 Red Bay at halftime
- Final 48 schedule set
Hosts' real Olympic challenge: after the games
For athletes and spectators at Sochi, it's time to pack up. But for the host cities, the real challenge begins with the end of the Olympics. How do they continue to use the expensive stadiums after the party's over? What happens to the athletes' villages? What is the legacy of the games?Continued ...
- 'Phenomenal season' ends for Athens
- Athens season ends at NW Regional final
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Parker leads Athens entering the fourth quarter
- West Limestone loses to Butler at NW Regional
- Hosts' real Olympic challenge: after the games
- Distinguished Young Women: Elkmont senior representing Limestone County
- Aluminum Revolution: Ford introduces a new F-150
- Athens native named executive director of VOICES for Alabama’s Children
- SilverSneakers: Local seniors invite others to take part in SilverSneakers FLEX fitness program
- Have a cup of cheer on the Athens Square
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 3/9/14
Department of Human Resources is sponsoring an American Red Cross blood drive from 10 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Tuesday in the DHR parking lot, 1007 W. Market St. Schedule an appointment online at redcrossblood.org or call Jennifer White at 256-216-6411. The goal is 18 pints.
- Church Bulletin 3/9/14
- Limestone Ledger 3/9/14