- Top Local News
National parks in Alabama attract nearly 718,000
A new report from the National Park Service says the national parks in Alabama had nearly 718,000 visitors in 2012.
The park service estimates the visitors spent $26.5 million.Continued ...
- New library moves into $2.4M Phase II
- Ala. lawmaker wants tax holiday for gun purchases
- Japanese plastics company mulls Athens site
- Chance of freezing rain in north Alabama
- National parks in Alabama attract nearly 718,000
- Today's Local Feature
Local Girl Scouts hold cookie tastings
Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-Si-Dos, Trefoils, Thank U Berry Munch, Dulce de Leche, Savannah Smiles — Just about everyone has a favorite Girl Scout Cookie.Continued ...
- Going pro: Students take advantage of career prep courses w/VIDEO
- Trinity graduate to speak at Black History Celebration
- Local Girl Scouts hold cookie tastings
- State and Nation
Man wakes up in body bag at funeral home
Workers at a Mississippi funeral home say they found a man alive and kicking when they opened a body bag.
Holmes County Coroner Dexter Howard calls it a miracle that 78-year-old Walter Williams is alive.Continued ...
- 2 lifted to safety at Monte Sano State Park
- Moulton woman charged with having sex with boy, 13
- Two plead guilty to wire, mail fraud in debt-elimination scheme
- Gov. Bentley to attend higher education rally
- Man wakes up in body bag at funeral home
- Local Sports
NORTHWEST REGIONALS: Frosty shooting by Tanner girls leads to 39-28 loss to Red Bay
Fifth-ranked Tanner (21-8), which had played in the state tournament two of the previous three seasons and won the Class 2A title in 2011, was coming off a dominating 58-49 victory against Cold Springs in Wednesday’s regional semifinals and had its sights set on a return trip to state before Saturday's loss.Continued ...
- NORTHWEST REGIONALS: No. 5 Tanner trails No. 8 Red Bay at halftime
- 'Phenomenal season' ends for Athens
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Parker leads Athens entering the fourth quarter
- COLUMN: Hard part still ahead for Athens
- NORTHWEST REGIONALS: Frosty shooting by Tanner girls leads to 39-28 loss to Red Bay
West Limestone loses to Butler at NW Regional
Justin Taylor didn't imagine being on the floor of Tom Drake Coliseum in February when basketball season began four months ago.Continued ...
Having a third straight 20 win season wasn't on the West Limestone coach's radar either.
Boy, did he get a surprise.
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Rattlers win again at Wallace
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Athens takes down 3-time defending champs Wenonah
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Athens knocks off No. 2 Wenonah
- Athens leads No. 2 Wenonah 44-26 at halftime
- West Limestone loses to Butler at NW Regional
- Athens native named executive director of VOICES for Alabama’s Children
- SilverSneakers: Local seniors invite others to take part in SilverSneakers FLEX fitness program
- Have a cup of cheer on the Athens Square
- Athens Christmas Open House this weekend
- Hilltop Arts Festival: Elkmont plays host to 2nd annual event Nov. 2
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 3/7/14
The Limestone County NAACP free motivational reading program for children ages 3-13 will be at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Round Island Creek Mission Center, 13829 Lucas Ferry Road. Lunch and transportation provided. Registration information: 256-216-5668.
- Church Bulletin 3/7/14
- Limestone Ledger 3/7/14