- Top Local News
Career Tech students medal in school's SkillsUSA contest
Among this year’s gold medalists are Tanner’s Katie Pepper, who came in third in design drafting at state in 2013, and East Limestone’s Matthew Pittenger, who earned bronze in computer maintenance technology at state last year. To view all available winners, visit The News Courier's photo gallery.Continued ...
- School system spotlights Special Needs Rodeo helpers
- UPDATE: Local streets closed by sewer work
- Children allegedly present amid motel meth lab
- Athens man accused of choking wife
- Career Tech students medal in school's SkillsUSA contest
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Man wakes up in body bag at funeral home
Workers at a Mississippi funeral home say they found a man alive and kicking when they opened a body bag.
Holmes County Coroner Dexter Howard calls it a miracle that 78-year-old Walter Williams is alive.Continued ...
- 2 lifted to safety at Monte Sano State Park
- Moulton woman charged with having sex with boy, 13
- Two plead guilty to wire, mail fraud in debt-elimination scheme
- Gov. Bentley to attend higher education rally
- Man wakes up in body bag at funeral home
- Local Sports
NORTHWEST REGIONALS: Frosty shooting by Tanner girls leads to 39-28 loss to Red Bay
Fifth-ranked Tanner (21-8), which had played in the state tournament two of the previous three seasons and won the Class 2A title in 2011, was coming off a dominating 58-49 victory against Cold Springs in Wednesday’s regional semifinals and had its sights set on a return trip to state before Saturday's loss.Continued ...
- NORTHWEST REGIONALS: No. 5 Tanner trails No. 8 Red Bay at halftime
- 'Phenomenal season' ends for Athens
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Parker leads Athens entering the fourth quarter
- COLUMN: Hard part still ahead for Athens
- NORTHWEST REGIONALS: Frosty shooting by Tanner girls leads to 39-28 loss to Red Bay
West Limestone loses to Butler at NW Regional
Justin Taylor didn't imagine being on the floor of Tom Drake Coliseum in February when basketball season began four months ago.Continued ...
Having a third straight 20 win season wasn't on the West Limestone coach's radar either.
Boy, did he get a surprise.
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Rattlers win again at Wallace
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Athens takes down 3-time defending champs Wenonah
- NORTHWEST REGIONAL: Athens knocks off No. 2 Wenonah
- Athens leads No. 2 Wenonah 44-26 at halftime
- West Limestone loses to Butler at NW Regional
- Athens native named executive director of VOICES for Alabama’s Children
- SilverSneakers: Local seniors invite others to take part in SilverSneakers FLEX fitness program
- Have a cup of cheer on the Athens Square
- Athens Christmas Open House this weekend
- Hilltop Arts Festival: Elkmont plays host to 2nd annual event Nov. 2
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 3/9/14
Department of Human Resources is sponsoring an American Red Cross blood drive from 10 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Tuesday in the DHR parking lot, 1007 W. Market St. Schedule an appointment online at redcrossblood.org or call Jennifer White at 256-216-6411. The goal is 18 pints.
- Church Bulletin 3/9/14
- Limestone Ledger 3/9/14