- Top Local News
VIDEO: Alabama Shakes gets another Grammy nod
Alabama Shakes’ "Always Alright" from the “Silver Linings Playbook” movie soundtrack will be up against performances by Led Zeppelin, Queens of the Stone Age, Jack White, Imagine Dragons and David Bowie.Continued ...
- Athens girls swim team sets state record; finish second in AHSAA championships
- Library fundraiser ushers in holiday season
- Fire reported at West Hobbs home in Athens
- RATTLER REDUX: No. 1 Tanner outlasts No. 3 Washington Co. for 2nd state title
- VIDEO: Alabama Shakes gets another Grammy nod
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Athens man among 11 traffic fatalities over holiday
An Athens man was among 11 people killed in eight traffic wrecks over the Thanksgiving weekend, Alabama state troopers reported.Continued ...
- April trial date set for former state Sen. Barron
- DA to consider charges in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hazel Green man sentenced in attempted kidnapping
- Attorney general warns of Obamacare scam
- Athens man among 11 traffic fatalities over holiday
- Local Sports
Tanner vs. Washington County: Tale of the tape
Predicting the outcome of high school football games during the regular season and in the first few rounds of the playoffs is sometimes a guessing a game, but can often be determined by just comparing common opponents.Continued ...
Once a team reaches the state championship game, all bets are off. There are no common opponents and it’s difficult to know how the teams will fare.
- Experience could be the difference for Tanner
- Madison Academy wins 3A title 31-14 over Leeds
- East Limestone reduced to one player in rare forfeit
- Lambert signs scholarship to play D-I baseball at Southern Illinois
- Tanner vs. Washington County: Tale of the tape
- Anthony Bourdain admits mistake on NM 'Frito pie'
- The glory of a fall garden is something to behold
- Fall heating inspections make for warmer winters
- EPA encourages homeowners to care for their septic systems
- Supporting Sasha: Piney Chapel students release balloons for children with cancer
- Calendar of Events