- Top Local News
Blakely opposes loaded gun in car bill
Concealed carry permits require applicants to undergo a background check and pay a fee. It’s the lack of the background check in Beason’s proposal that raises a red flag for Blakely.Continued ...
- Clements renovations break ground; Ardmore gym still on schedule
- Calhoun hosting skills extravaganza today for Alabama high schoolers
- Electric bills to increase 6% for Athens Utilities customers
- Mardi Gras parade held on Marion Street
- Blakely opposes loaded gun in car bill
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
State House OKs 48-hour abortion waiting period
Republican Rep. Ed Henry of Hartselle says the additional time would give a woman the opportunity to change her mind about getting an abortion.Continued ...
- Obama 2015 budget focuses on boosting economy
- 7 Mardi Gras parades cap season on Ala coast
- Lawmaker wants tax holiday for gun purchases
- Alabama House to debate stringent abortion ban
- State House OKs 48-hour abortion waiting period
- Local Sports
Critics blast Rio's World Cup, Olympic evictions
With her family of six living in five different houses scattered across the city, Dalvaneide Pequeno do Nascimento longs for the days when her whole clan shared the same roof.Continued ...
- Auburn rolls past South Carolina, 83-67
- Ole Miss rallies past Alabama 79-67
- Florida moves to No. 1 in AP poll
- Earnhardt Jr. wins 2nd Daytona 500 a decade later
- Critics blast Rio's World Cup, Olympic evictions
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 3/8/14
Swamp John’s supper
Tickets are available at $10 each for the City of Athens Relay for Life Team’s Swamp John’s supper to be held 4-7 p.m. Tuesday at Athens Senior Center, 912 W. Pryor St. Meal will be shrimp, fish, chicken or a combo with sides and tea. Proceeds benefit American Cancer Society and local cancer patients. Tickets: 256-233-8730.
- Limestone Ledger 3/7/14
- Limestone Ledger 3/8/14