- Top Local News
Senior Fun Fest! — A new celebration for area seniors
Seniors will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of events, entertainment and games.Continued ...
- Arrest reports for Wednesday, 4/15/14
- Building boom: Athens shakes off long winter's nap of recession
- Arrest made in air-conditioning unit theft
- Morgan deputy shoots suspect in buttock
- Senior Fun Fest! — A new celebration for area seniors
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Governor signs education budget without raise
Gov. Robert Bentley signed the education budget for the next fiscal year today even though it did not include the 2 percent raise that he sought for teachers and school employees.Continued ...
- Bentley to say if he will sign education budget
- Alabama fan convicted in fatal DUI crash
- Elderly Alabama man pleads guilty in tenant's death
- Alabama births to unmarried women rising
- Governor signs education budget without raise
- Local Sports
Forced to give up baseball, Eakes excels on golf course
Andrew Eakes always thought he would grow up playing baseball at Ardmore High School and help the team make it to a state championship game.Continued ...
- Gandy right at home
- No. 2 Flame sweep No. 3 Trojans
- Ardmore's Durrett signs with Campbellsville
- Athens High's McLin signs with Faulkner University
- Forced to give up baseball, Eakes excels on golf course
Masters opens with Woods on the sideline
The Masters is underway with three shots right down the middle of the fairway. Just not terribly far.
Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus hit the ceremonial tee shots Thursday morning with fans already lining both sides of the first fairway. Still competitive even after all these years, Nicklaus went last and hit a drive that went about a yard past Player's shot.Continued ...
- The anticipation and mystery of the Masters
- Without Tiger, the Masters has an open look
- Saban: CB Jackson's knee injury requires surgery
- Auburn hires Chuck Person as assistant coach
- Masters opens with Woods on the sideline
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 4/17/14
Singing on Square
Athens-Limestone County Tourism Association will present Singing on the Square Concert at 6 p.m. Friday, April 18th sponsored by Champion Chevrolet. Trippin' Dixie will take the stage first. The Dixie Bluegrass Boys will follow at 7 p.m. Bring your lawn chair for a free concert.
- Church Bulletin 4/17/14
- Limestone Ledger 4/17/14