- Top Local News
Lindsay Lane-Compton Road intersection to close Wednesday
The Athens Public Works Department will have to close the intersection at Lindsay Lane and Compton Road on Wednesday to replace a drainage pipe under the road.Continued ...
- UPDATED: Family Resource Center asks for funding to remain open
- City approves amended abatement to Steelcase
- BREAKING: Limestone County Schools delayed two hours Tuesday
- Ardmore parade still set for Tuesday
- Lindsay Lane-Compton Road intersection to close Wednesday
- Today's Local Feature
HOLIDAY PARTY: Historic Christopher home this year’s site for library benefit
Jim and Kristi Christopher will host this year’s fundraiser for the Athens-Limestone Public Library in their historic home at 311 N. Jefferson Street on Dec. 6.Continued ...
- Third annual Holiday Home Tour set for Dec. 1
- T.O.Y. TIME: ‘Master teachers’ asked to inspire peers
- HOLIDAY PARTY: Historic Christopher home this year’s site for library benefit
- State and Nation
April trial date set for former state Sen. Barron
A judge has scheduled the trial of former state Sen. Lowell Barron of Fyffe and former campaign aide Rhonda Jill Johnson for April 14.Continued ...
- DA to consider charges in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hazel Green man sentenced in attempted kidnapping
- Attorney general warns of Obamacare scam
- Blue Cross won't reinstate non-compliant policies
- April trial date set for former state Sen. Barron
- Local Sports
- Lambert signs scholarship to play D-I baseball at Southern Illinois
- Athens, East meet tonight on hard court
- COLUMN: Tanner sets sights on athletic program’s 5th title in 3 years, 7th overall
- No. 1 Tanner drops No. 4 Fyffe, 16-7, to advance to 2A finals
- Alabama, Auburn gear up for Top-5 matchup
Tanner vs. Washington County: Tale of the tape
Predicting the outcome of high school football games during the regular season and in the first few rounds of the playoffs is sometimes a guessing a game, but can often be determined by just comparing common opponents.Continued ...
Once a team reaches the state championship game, all bets are off. There are no common opponents and it’s difficult to know how the teams will fare.
- T-TOWN SHOWDOWN
- No charges for Heisman hopeful Jameis Winston
- Pinkel, No. 5 Tigers thrive in SEC Year 2
- Countdown to T-town: No. 1 Tanner takes on 2A rematch with No. 3 WashCo.
- Tanner vs. Washington County: Tale of the tape
- EPA encourages homeowners to care for their septic systems
- Supporting Sasha: Piney Chapel students release balloons for children with cancer
- Burger King launching lower-calorie french fry
- Sharing courage: Local girl continues to collect coins for kids with cancer
- Medical pot looks to 'color inside the lines'
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 12/11/13
Athens Christmas parade
The 10th annual Reliance Bank Christmas Parade has been rescheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday. It will start at Athens High School on U.S. 31. Float lineup begins at 3:15. The theme is “A Storybook Christmas.” The parade goes west along Hobbs Street, winds around the courthouse, travels down Jefferson Street and ends at Hometown Grocery.
- Church Bulletin 12/8/13
- Limestone Ledger 12/11/13