- Top Local News
Clements renovations break ground; Ardmore gym still on schedule
Dr. Tom Sisk, superintendent of Limestone County Schools, said the plan is to complete the Clements project in January 2015. He said as much work as possible will be done this summer to avoid disrupting instructional time.Continued ...
- Calhoun hosting skills extravaganza today for Alabama high schoolers
- Electric bills to increase 6% for Athens Utilities customers
- Mardi Gras parade held on Marion Street
- School board splits on principal transfer
- Clements renovations break ground; Ardmore gym still on schedule
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Lawmaker wants tax holiday for gun purchases
A state lawmaker is looking to create a sales tax holiday for consumers buying guns and ammunition.Continued ...
- Alabama House to debate stringent abortion ban
- Obama: Russia 'on the wrong side of history'
- A Cold War reprise as US seeks Moscow's isolation
- Winter's last gasp? Another storm hits much of U.S.
- Lawmaker wants tax holiday for gun purchases
- Local Sports
Florida moves to No. 1 in AP poll
Florida is the new No. 1 in the AP college basketball poll, the Gators' first time on top of the rankings since they repeated as national champions in 2007.Continued ...
- Earnhardt Jr. wins 2nd Daytona 500 a decade later
- Hosts' real Olympic challenge: after the games
- 'Phenomenal season' ends for Athens
- Athens season ends at NW Regional final
- Florida moves to No. 1 in AP poll
- Hometown pride for 56th Grammys
- Poking fun for a good cause: Poke Sallet tickets available Feb. 10
- Jamaican bobsledders hit Sundance before Olympics
- Mustang lovers everywhere plan to honor Eli Williams
- Distinguished Young Women: Elkmont senior representing Limestone County
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 3/9/14
Department of Human Resources is sponsoring an American Red Cross blood drive from 10 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Tuesday in the DHR parking lot, 1007 W. Market St. Schedule an appointment online at redcrossblood.org or call Jennifer White at 256-216-6411. The goal is 18 pints.
- Church Bulletin 3/9/14
- Limestone Ledger 3/9/14