- Local News 2
Atlanta mayor: Turner Field to be demolished in 2017
Atlanta's mayor said today the city will demolish Turner Field after the Braves leave for a new stadium in the suburbs in 2017.
- McGrady, Stephens honored for big first round playoff games
- Tanner's Stephens, Athens' McGrady top performers in Week 11
- ABS, AHS, Clements, West runners earn All-State
- RUN LIKE AN EAGLE: Carden captures 3rd state medal in 3 years
- Carden finishes among top 5 in Class 5A cross-county meet
No. 1 Tanner shakes off Woodland, 41-29
No. 1 Tanner beat Woodland, 41-29, Friday night to advance to the second round. The Rattlers (9-1) will host North Sand Mountain (9-2) next Friday.
Athens upsets No. 6 Center Point, 24-22; Top-ranked Tanner fends off pesky Woodland, 41-29
Athens will host Pleasant Grove next Friday in the second round. Tanner also will play at home on Friday against North Sand Mountain, which took down Reeltown.
Last second field goal sends Athens to second round
Bram McGrady’s 45 yard field goal soared threw the uprights with five seconds remaining to give Athens a 24-22 win over Center Point in the first round of the state playoffs.
It was the longest field goal of McGrady’s career.
Legg leads young Ardmore team into playoffs
When Clint Legg took over Ardmore last year, his team goal from the start was clear — get in the playoffs.
A young Ardmore team will compete in the school’s first playoff football game since 2006 tonight when they travel to Munford.
- More Local News 2 Headlines
- Atlanta mayor: Turner Field to be demolished in 2017