The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following arrests Tuesday:
• Nikki Lynn Butcher, 28, of 20380 Green Meadow Road, Athens, grand theft (Okaloosa County, Fla., warrant)
• William Shawnie Gilbert, 35, of 813 Westmoreland Ave., Athens, failing to pay child support
• Velva Eloise Johnson, 47, of 11566 Neeley Road, Athens, violating terms of probation on previous conviction for first-degree theft
• Paul Benjamin Mobley, 26, of 124 Grayson Ave., Madison, two counts of violating terms of probation on previous charges of driving under the influence
• James Lane Steelman, 36, of 15121 Ripley Road, Athens, trafficking marijuana; sentenced to jail from court
• Micky Dewayne Teague, 40, of 624 Seventh Ave. S.W., Decatur, violating probation on previous conviction for third-degree domestic violence
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Department reported the following thefts Tuesday:
• Two propane tanks valued at $240 stolen between Feb. 28 and Monday from Heritage Food Store in 25000 block Thatch Road
• Kel Tec brand 380-caliber handgun valued at $330 stolen between Feb. 12 and Monday from unknown location
• Ruger brand .380-caliber handgun valued at $351 stolen between Feb. 17 and 23 from unknown location
• 32-inch, flat-screen television, jar of coins, amplifier and two speakers, total value $1,215, stolen during burglary Monday in 29000 block State Line Road
The Athens Police Department reported the following arrest Tuesday:
• Clifford Joseph Brown, 54, of 14 Sandra Lane, Athens, possession of a controlled substance
The Athens Police Department reported the following incident Tuesday:
• Thirty-feet of grass of undetermined value damaged due to criminal mischief Monday at Athens Sportsplex at 1403 U.S. 31 North
• As snow fell Tuesday on the Tennessee Valley, two drivers were injured in a two-vehicle accident on Alabama 251, three miles south of Ardmore, according to state troopers. Danielle Cothren, 26, of Ardmore, and David Smith, 41, of Elkmont collided about 6:27 a.m., a trooper said. Both drivers were wearing seat belts when the accident occurred.
Athens-Limestone Hospital reported no admissions or discharges Tuesday.
Admissions and discharges represent only those who agree to have their names published.