The News Courier
Tanner United Methodist Church is holding a pancake breakfast fundraiser from 8-10 a.m. Saturday at Applebee’s on U.S. 72. Tickets, available in advance or at the door, are $7 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12 and free for ages 6 and under. Proceeds benefit the church and youth department.
Elkmont Christmas parade
The Elkmont Lions Club annual Christmas Parade will be at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Sippin’ Cider on The Square
Area residents can combine shopping and family time Saturday on the downtown Athens Square. Activities include roasting marshmallows, a mini-art camp, decorating gingerbread men and other crafts. Ballots available at participating businesses to vote on each merchant’s cider to determine a Sippin’ Cider Cup winner. Sponsored by the Spirit of Athens.
Children’s art camp
The Athens Arts League will have a children's art camp from 5-7 p.m. Saturday at the Center for Lifelong Learning on the Athens Square. The cost is $20 per child and children must be in first through sixth grades.
Singles Christmas party
Elkton Road Baptist Church is holding a singles Christmas party at 6 p.m. Saturday at the church. More information: Stuart 256-604-8897.
Hunter Bauer blood drive
The Hunter Bauer blood drive will be from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at the First United Methodist Church Beasley Center.
Community Chorus Holiday Concert
The Athens State Community Chorus Holiday Concert is 3 p.m. Sunday at the Sandridge Center ballroom on campus. Tickets are $5 and available at the downtown Center for Lifelong Learning, 121 Marion St., and online at athens.edu/CLL.
Vietnam Veterans Post 511 will have a spaghetti lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 5-7 p.m. Monday at the post at 17915 W. Elm St. Tickets are $7; carry-outs are available. Call Bill at 256-233-5549 or Roxanne at 256-206-6702.
Boy Scout Christmas trees sale
East Limestone Boy Scout Troop 7236 is selling Fraser fir Christmas trees through Dec. 21 or until sold out at the corner of East Limestone and Capshaw roads at the old Reliance Bank lot. The sale is a fundraiser to buy troop camping equipment.
Korea show CDs available
CDs of the show “Korea, The Forgotten War Remembered” are available for pickup between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Mondays thru Fridays at the Alabama Veterans Museum, 100 W. Pryor St., in Athens.
• ALERA. Athens-Limestone Education Retirees Association will meet at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 13 at the Athens Recreation Center at the intersection of U.S. 31 North and Alabama 251. Members are requested to bring items for scholarship benefit auction. More information: 256-729-1145.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet at 11 a.m. Dec. 13 at the Birdie Thornton Center to host the Christmas party. Members are asked to bring snacks.
• NAACP. The Limestone NAACP annual meeting is at 3 p.m. Dec. 14 at 17308 U.S. 72 West. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Democrats. Limestone Democrats will meet at 6 p.m. Dec. 16 at the Limestone County Sheriff’s Rodeo Arena on Alabama 99. Members are asked to bring a covered dish and an unwrapped toy. Tammy Irons is the guest speaker.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will share Christmas dinner and fellowship at 6 p.m. Dec. 17 at the VFW Post on N. Jefferson Street. The monthly meeting will follow. Contact: Kevin 256-919-1032.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.