• ASU President’s Ball. The Athens State University Foundation is hosting a meeting from noon-1 p.m. today to organize activities for the 2015 President’s Ball. The meeting is open to the public and will be in the Sandridge Student Center ballroom on the ASU campus.
• Cancer support group. The American Cancer Society support group dinner meeting of survivors and caregivers is at 6 p.m. today at Catfish Cabin.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet following a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mac’s Steakhouse on South Jefferson Street.
• THS Class of ’67. The Tanner High School Class of 1967 women will meet and eat at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Logan’s Roadhouse restaurant. More information: 256-232-1628.
• AMVETS. The American Veterans monthly meeting is Thursday at 22769 Black Road. Fellowship with a covered dish dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7. All veterans are invited. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Tim Kent will speak on “Hood’s Army at Spring Hill and Franklin.” The public is invited.
• Positive Look. Positive Look support group for the blind, visually impaired and families and friends, meets from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at Athens Recreation Center. Speakers will be Channa Campbell and Whitney Mooney from Athens-Limestone Wellness Center. Bring a favorite dish to go with soup. For more information call Wynell Reynolds at 256-232-1493.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.