• Sportsman Club. The Limestone County Sportsman Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1, at the Clubhouse on Kennedy Drive. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• Commission work session. The Limestone County Commission will hold a work session at 10 a.m. today, Oct. 31, at the Washington Street Annex in Athens.
• Commission meeting. The Limestone County Commission will hold its regular meeting at 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5, at the Clinton Street Courthouse Annex.
• Council special meeting. The Athens City Council will hold a special meeting at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5, in the courtroom of the Athens Police Station to organize the new City Council.
• Limestone school board. The Limestone County school board will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 8, at the Clinton Street Courthouse Annex.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.