• Homecoming. Tanner United Methodist Church at 19607 Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road will hold Homecoming at 10:30 a.m. today, Aug. 25. Attendees are being asked to bring a covered dish for lunch at noon.
• Pastor anniversary. Bright Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America on Mooresville Road will celebrate the first anniversary of the Rev. Katherine Baker on today, Aug. 25. Worship service begins at 11:30 a.m. The Rev. Earnest Bailey and New Heaven Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America will be in charge of the service.
• Ministry anniversary. Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church Women’s Ministry will celebrate their second anniversary at 11 a.m. today, Aug. 25, at the church, 27971 Easter Ferry Road in Lester. Speaker is Sheena Townsend also known as La Shay B on WEUP radio. Everyone is welcome.
• Revival. New Hope Baptist Church at 13110 Mooresville Road in Athens will hold a revival Aug. 25-28. Services are at 6 p.m. Sunday and at 7 Monday through Wednesday. Ministers include: George Whitten, Aug. 25-26 and Keith Crouch, Aug. 27-28. Robert Locklear will lead nightly worship service. Nursery provided.
• Singing. Riddles Chapel Church at 11327 Ripley Road in Athens will host The Proclaimers Quartet at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30. Free admission. Love offering received. More information and directions: Billy 256-374-9698.
• Homecoming. Pleasant Grove CPCA Family at 15439 Hastings Road in Athens invites the public to attend its Homecoming celebration Sunday, Sept. 1. Guest speaker is Eagle’s Nest Ministries Pastor Jurada Fuqua. Contact: 256-874-6903.
• Revival. Little Elk Missionary Baptist Church on Snake Road is holding a revival 7 nightly Sept. 3-5 with guest speaker the Rev. Kenneth Lankford of Fletcher’s Chapel Church. Choirs include: Cynthia Hines and New Day, Sept. 3; Little Elk Mass Choir, Sept. 4; and Fletcher’s Chapel, Sept. 5.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.