Personal financial management
Registration is open through Sept. 4 for a free four-week “Exploring Money Matters” class to be conducted from 2-3:30 p.m. consecutive Monday afternoons (Sept. 9, 16, 23 and 30) in Suite C of the Market Street County Building at 1109 W. Market St. in Athens. First come-first served. Limited class sizes. More information and registration: Limestone County Extension Office 256-232-5510.
Believe to Achieve will host its first talent show at 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8, at the Vietnam Veterans of American building, 17915 W. Elm Street. Family-oriented talent welcome. To perform or for more information: Shenequa Phipps 256-874-7457 or Shamone Freeman 256-559-9390.
• Clements Class of ’88. Clements High School Class of 1988 will meet for dinner tonight, Aug. 31, at Yesterdays Event Center on Brownsferry Road in Athens. Contact: Bernadette Jones 256-479-1279.
• Woodmen of the World. The Woodmen Labor Day barbecue will be held at 11 a.m., Monday, Sept. 2, at the chapter building on U.S. 72. Members are asked to bring dessert. Contact: Tom Ed Wright 256-232-4459
• Vietnam Veterans. Vietnam Veterans of America chapter 511 will gather for potluck and the monthly meeting, which includes voting on an updated Chapter 511 Constitution, by-laws and business loan to consolidate facility upkeep costs, Tuesday, Sept 3., at the chapter hall. Food at 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7.
• AHS Class of ’56. Athens High School Class of 1956 and friends are invited to meet at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, at the Garden Plaza Hotel (formerly the Holiday Inn) in Decatur for a Dutch-treat lunch. Contact: 256-232-4815.
• American Legion. American Legion Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary will hold their monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, at the Post home, 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. Contact: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023.
• City Council. Athens City Council will hold a work session at 4:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, followed by their regular meeting at 5:30 in the municipal courtroom of the Athens Police Department on Hobbs Street in Athens.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.