• Revival. Majestic Chapel is holding a revival through Sept. 15. It begins at 7 nightly through Sept. 14 and at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. Tobey Lacewell and Jeremy Mays will speak. More information: Pastor Mike Webster 256-431-8038.
• Women’s Day. St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church at 10081 Snake Road in Athens invites the public to its Women’s Day celebration at 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. Linda Johnson Rice, associate minister at Fletcher’s Chapel Primitive Baptist Church in Madison is the guest minister. Contact: Tammy Rogers 256-374-2242 or the church office 256-729-1705.
• Fun Day. Community Fun Day at Copeland Presbyterian on Copeland Road will be from 12:30-4:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. There will be free food and drinks, face painting, balloons, inflatables and games, and a blood drive. The Blue Notes will provide live music. Everyone is welcome.
• Mothers and Deacons March. Little Ezekiel Missionary Baptist Church on Lindsay Road in Tanner will hold its Mothers and Deacons March at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15. Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church will be in charge of the service. The Rev. Anthony Stewart is guest speaker. Contact: 256-216-6335.
• Old Fashion Day. The Grace Missionary Baptist Church Senior Social Ministry at 549 W. Elm St. in Athens is holding Old Fashion Day at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 19. Attendees are encouraged to dress in old-fashioned clothes. Guest speaker is Martha Jones, associate minister at Little Elk M.B. Church. A soul food lunch will be served.
• Mother and Deacon March. St. Mark Primitive Baptist Church at 740 Sanderfer Road in Athens will hold its Mother and Deacon March at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22. Liberty Primitive Baptist Church and Pastor Johnnie Jones of Gurley are guests. The public is welcome.
•Swan-day Sunday. Clements Baptist Church at 8690 U.S. 72 West is holding Swan-day Sunday at its 9:30 a.m. worship service Sept. 22 featuring Dr. Dennis Swanberg, known as American’s Minister of Encouragement. Young at Heart, the senior adult ministry of the church will host a luncheon at 11 a.m. Luncheon tickets must be purchased by Monday, Sept. 16, by calling 256-729-1328.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.