Fire department yard sale
The Clements Volunteer Fire Department is in need of donations for its annual yard sale to be held the first weekend in October. Call 256-374-8350 to have items picked up.
Candlelight vigil planning
Crisis Services will hold planning meetings at 6 p.m. each Tuesday in September for its annual Candlelight Vigil for Victims of Domestic Violence to be held Tuesday, Oct. 8 on The Square. More information: Christa 256-232-0280.
• NSDAR. John Wade Keyes chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. More information: Judy Rew 256-230-2105 or Brenda Winter 256-771-3536.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP general membership meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 16, at the Athens Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. Public welcome. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Partners in Pink. Partners in Pink Breast Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, at the Athens-Limestone Hospital education room. Dr. Daley and Dr. Lang with HealthSource of Athens will give a presentation on nutrition. Contact: Tammy Woodward 256-206-6052.
• VFW. VFW and Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, at the post home on North Jefferson Street. Contact: 256-233-0213.
• Cowart PTO. Cowart Elementary School will have a PTO meeting and open house beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17.
• Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Party will hold its monthly meeting Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 306 Barbecue on U.S. 72 in Athens. Social hour from 6-7 p.m. Executive committee meeting at 7. Public invited.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will hold a members-only meeting at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at Athens Rehabilitation and Senior Care on Market Street.
• AMVETS. Mims-Russell American Veterans Memorial Post 21 will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Potluck dinner at 6 p.m. Meeting begins at 7. www.amvetspost21.org.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, Sept. 19, at HF Grill on U.S. 72. Dinner at 5:45 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker is Heather Beshears.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives. Limestone County Archivist Rebekah Davis will speak on how to look up your ancestors. The public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.