• AHS Class of ’56. Athens High School Class of 1956 and friends will meet at 11 a.m. today, April 3, for a Dutch-treat lunch at Southern Fixings on Alabama 53 near Ardmore. Contact: Dwaine at 256-777-1999.
• Piecemakers Quilt Guild. The Piecemakers Quilt Guild of Athens will hold its final meeting Thursday, April 4, at First Church, 17175 Lucas Ferry Road. Social time is 6:15 p.m. and the meeting at 7. Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Co. will present the program. Contact: 256-233-3113.
• American Legion. Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary monthly meeting will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 4, at 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. Contact: Rod Huffman at 256-233-3023.
• Sportsman Club. Limestone County Sportsman Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 4, at 102 Bullington Road in Athens. Upcoming events and business will be discussed. Covered-dish dinner to follow. Contact: Lyle Sadler at 256-771-2029.
• Master Gardeners. The Limestone County Master Gardener Assoc. will meet at noon Monday, April 8, in the Extension Office on Market Street in Athens.
• Cancer Support Group. An encouragement, support and friendship meeting of the Cancer Support Group will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, at Shoney’s on U.S. 72. Contact: 256-232-4211.
• DAV. The Disabled American Veterans monthly meeting will be held Tuesday, April 9, at the DAV at 25396 Airport Road in Athens. Food and fellowship at 6 p.m. and meeting at 7. Contact: Danny Gilliam 256-771-3225.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.