• Annual prayer breakfast. The annual prayer breakfast will be held at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at St. Mark Primitive Baptist Church, 740 Sanderfer Road in Athens.
• Pancake breakfast. Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church will hold a pancake breakfast from 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Applebee’s on U.S. 72 in Athens. Cost is $5. Must present a ticket or purchase one at the door.
• Women’s ministry. The Pleasant Grove Leading Ladies Women’s Ministry will meet at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28. Gwen Dunklin will deliver a message on “Shekinah Glory.” Pleasant Grove Church is located at 15439 Hastings Road in Athens.
• Nebo singing. Nebo Community Church on Nuclear Plant Road will have a singing at 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. Canned goods donations will be accepted for the LCCI food pantry.
• Gospel singing. Community Baptist Church at 28480 Lambert Road in Ardmore will hold a gospel singing at 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29, featuring Denise Hopkins-Jaco of Toney. More information: 256-423-8988.
• Women’s Conference. The seventh annual RICMB Association Women’s Conference will be at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4, and 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, at Round Island Creek Mission Center. Friday’s facilitator is Pastor Wesley Jones, C.P.C.A., of Huntsville. Music by Round Island Women’s Choir, Brondi Gill, Elaine Tibbs Rire, Joyce Rogers-Peoples, and the Chosen Generation Praise Team. The theme is “Exalting the Lord, Equipping the Saints, Evangelizing the Sinners.” Saturday facilitators are Eunice Scott, Indian Creek P.B. Church, and Angela Anderson, New Hope CPCA, Madison. Door prizes both days. More information: Geraldine McDonald 256-355-1443 or Imogene Malone 256-232-6247.
• Homecoming/anniversary. Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church at 14065 Lucas Ferry Road will hold its homecoming/church anniversary at 11 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 6. Guest pastor is C. Jermaine Turner with his Pine Grove M.B. Church family of Harvest.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.