Holiday Tour of Homes
Tickets are now on sale for the Athens Ladies Civitan Holiday Tour of Homes on Dec. 1 featuring six decorated homes with local caterers. Advance tickets cost $15 at Shea Leighs, Pam's Home Furnishings, First National Bank, Pimentos, Class Act Hair & Nail Salon, Crawfords, Pablo's, Smith Infinity-Huntsville, KALB office, or from an Athens Ladies Civitan member. Tickets at the host homes Dec. 1 are $20. More information: 256-233-0258.
Houston Library hours change
Houston Memorial Library will be closed on Mondays beginning Dec. 2. Hours will be 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 9 a.m. until noon Saturdays.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary welcome the public to attend their annual Veterans Day chicken stew Nov. 11 at the Post on North Jefferson Street in Athens. Flag raised at 10 a.m. followed by guest speaker Col. Bowers and then stew at 11. Contact: Kevin 256-919-1032.
• Ardmore vets. The Ardmore AL/TN Veterans Club annual Veterans Day dinner is at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 11 at the Ardmore, Tenn. annex behind Pizza Hut. Free chicken stew, drinks and dessert for all and will end when food runs out. More information and directions: 256-874-4821.
• DAV. Disabled American Veterans will meet for fellowship at 6 p.m. and business meeting at 7 Nov. 12 at 25396 Airport Road. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• Cancer support group. The American Cancer Society support group will meet at 6 p.m. Nov. 12 at Shoney’s on U.S. 72 for dinner. All survivors and caregivers are invited.
• AGC. Athens Garden Club will meet Nov. 13 at Tanner Baptist Church. Social at 9 a.m., meeting at 9:30.Guest speaker is Natasha McCrary, proprietor, 1818 Farms in Mooresville. Donations collected for Limestone County Church Involved food program. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Nov. 16 at Alabama Veterans Museum on Pryor Street. Breakfast served. Guest speaker is John Davis, retired intelligence officer and author of “Rainy Street Stories.” Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.