The Alabama Veterans Museum fish fry fundraiser will be 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Emmanuel Baptist Church, 1917 U.S. 72 West. Advance tickets are $10 at the museum and $12 at the fish fry. Includes catfish, chicken tenders, fries, slaw, hush puppies, drinks and dessert. Carryouts available. More information: 256-771-7578.
Flag raising ceremony
There will be a flag raising ceremony at the grave of PFC Gary Lewis Elmore at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 3, in Roselawn Cemetery. Elmore was the first soldier from Limestone County killed in action in Vietnam. Donations for his headstone can be made to: Regions Bank/Gary Elmore Headstone Fund. More information: Tink Haney 256-233-0834 or Bill Schueler 256-206-5399.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will meet for dinner at 6 p.m. today, April 15, with nominations and election of new officers to follow. The VFW post is on North Jefferson Street. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Partners in Pink. Athens breast cancer support group Partners in Pink will meet at 6 p.m. today, April 15, in the Athens-Limestone Hospital Education Room. All breast cancer fighters and survivors are invited.
• Soil and Water board. The Limestone County Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7 tonight, April 15, at the Natural Resources Conservation District Office, 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite B. The public is invited.
• SCV. Sons of Confederate Veterans, Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768, will meet 6 p.m. Thursday, April 17, at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Brig. Gen. (Ret.) John Scales will talk about Streight's Raid across Alabama and General Forrest's pursuit and capture of the Federal forces. Public invited.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet following a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, April 17, at Mac’s Steakhouse on South Jefferson Street. The speaker is Delores Thompson with Limestone County Council on Aging. The public is invited.