Clements VFD fundraiser
Clements Volunteer Fire Department is conducting a five-week, door-to-door fund/picture drive. Donations will be used to purchase new turnout gear.
• Planning Commission. Athens Planning Commission will meet at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday, July 16, in the municipal courtroom of the Athens Police Department. Work session begins at 5 p.m.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for dinner, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 16, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Historical Society. The Limestone County Historical Society will meet Tuesday, July 16, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Refreshments at 6:30 p.m. Chris Lang with Alabama Humanities Foundation speaks at 7 on antique Alabama furniture.
• Zoning board. Athens Board of Zoning Adjustment will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, July 18, in the municipal courtroom of the Athens Police Department at 951 E. Hobbs St. Work session begins at 5 p.m.
• Class of ’67 women. The Tanner High School Class of 1967 women will meet and eat at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, July 18, at the home of Pat Goodin. Participants are asked to bring a covered dish. Meeting location directions: Sandra Birdwell 256-232-1628.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, July 18, at HG Grill, 216 U.S. 72 in Athens. Dinner at 5:45 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Senator Arthur Orr is the guest speaker.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.