• VBS. “Son, Sand & Surf,” a luau-themed vacation Bible school is being held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. through Friday, July 19, at Majestic Chapel, 21315 Hays Mill Road in Elkmont. Ages 3-18 are welcome. Contact: Kathy Webster 256-431-8379.
• Benefit singing. A benefit singing for Rex and Gail Carter will be held at 6 p.m. Saturday, July 20, at Grace Full Gospel Church on Bain Road. Singers include The Carter Family, The Harvilles from Moulton and Mickey Nelly. More information: Clyde Carter 256-232-8563 or Calvin Carter 256-732-4931.
• Anniversary. Saturday, July 20, is the deadline to purchase tickets at $25 per person for the St. Mark P.B. Church of Athens victory banquet to celebrate 100 years of victory. The banquet is at 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at Garden Plaza & Suites, 1101 Sixth Ave. in Decatur. Special guest speaker is elder Jeffery T. Rainey of Christian Union P.B. Church in Mobile. Ticket information: Sharon Grigsby 256-232-6460 or Alice Anderson 256-233-4296.
• Homecoming. Antioch CPCA at 923 Brownsferry Street in Athens is inviting the public to its annual homecoming and church celebration at 11:10 a.m. Sunday, July 21. Guest minister is the Rev. James E. Coffey of Frazier CME Church in Athens. Contact: 256-851-7747.
• Men and Women’s Day. The Mount Nebo M.B. Church at 27971 Easter Ferry Road in Lester is having their annual Men and Women’s Day Program at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, July 21. Pastor Wesley David and the St. Luke M.B. Church will be in charge.
• Gospel lessons. Donnie Miller will present a series of gospel lessons Sunday through Friday, July 21-26, at New Hope Church of Christ, 21385 Edgewood Road in Athens. Congregational singing Sunday at 2:30 p.m.; Sunday service at 4 p.m.; services at 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Revival. Antioch CPCA at 923 Brownsferry St. in Athens is inviting the public to its annual revival services at 7 nightly from July 29-31. Guest minister is the Rev. William L. Robinson, pastor of St. James CPCA No. 2 in Toney and vice moderator of the general assembly of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America. Contact: 256-851-7747.
• Summer Revival. The Mount Nebo Summer Revival is being held at 7 nightly July 29-31 at 27971 Easter Ferry Road in Lester. Various speakers and choirs will be featured each night. Public invited.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.