Clements VFD fundraiser
Clements Volunteer Fire Department will conduct a five-week door-to-door fund/picture drive. Donations will be used to purchase new turn-out gear.
• Master Gardeners. Limestone County Master Gardeners will meet at noon, Monday, July 8, at the Extension office on Market St. Bring a salad for a potluck salad lunch. Herb Lewis will present the program on “Gardening for the Birds: Landscaping Toward Going Green.”
• Historic Commission. Athens Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, in the Public Works building at 1600 W. Elm St. Work session begins at 5:45 p.m., regular session at 6.
• DAV. Disabled American veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, for fellowship, with business meeting to follow at 7. For information, call 256-771-3225.
• Soil & Water. Limestone County Soil and Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 9, at the Natural Resources Conservation Office at 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite 102.
• Cancer Society. American Cancer Society will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, at Shoney’s. Survivors and caregivers are invited. For information, call 256-232-6455.
• American Legion. American Legion Post 49 and Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. July 11. Call 256-233-3023 for information.
• Planning Commission. Athens Planning Commission will meet at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday, July 16, in the municipal courtroom of the Athens Police Department. Work session begins at 5 p.m.
• Zoning board. Athens Board of Zoning Adjustment will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, July 18, in the municipal courtroom of the Athens Police Department at 951 E. Hobbs St. Work session begins at 5:30 p.m.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.