Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.
• Holiday desserts. Group 3 of the Greater Hope M.B. Church will have a Holiday Dessert Bake Sale Extravaganza from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today, Dec. 22, at American Legion Post 49 at 124 Cloverleaf Drive.
• Victorious Outreach Mobile Ministry. The ministry will be from 12:30-3:30 p.m. today, Dec. 22, at Village View Church, 330 Hine St. at the corner of Hine and Plato Jones. Free food to satisfy the body and free prayer to edify the spirit. Prayer warriors on hand to offer prayer and counseling. Public invited
• Christmas Giveaway. Sould Out Christian Center-Bama will have a Christmas giveaway at 10 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 23, at The Boys & Girls Club, 1017 W. Washington St. Public is invited.
• Church anniversary. Westside Church of Christ will celebrate its fifth anniversary on Sunday. Morning worship begins at 10 a.m., followed by Bible study at 11:15 a.m. Lunch will be served at 12:30 p.m., followed by afternoon worship at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Bro. Timothy Otis, minister of the Bradyville Road Church of Christ in Murfreesboro, Tenn. The church is located at 25704 Smithfield Road, Elkmont.
• Christmas services. St Timothy’s Episcopal Church in Athens invites the community to their 10:30 p.m. Christmas Eve service Monday, Dec. 24, with music and the Holy Eucharist. A Christmas Day service, held at 9 a.m. will include Holy Eucharist but no music. The church is located at 207 E. Washington St. Contact: 256-232-3541.
• Watch Night Service. The Indian Creek Primitive Baptist Church will hold its annual Watch Night Service beginning at 10 p.m. Monday, Dec. 31. This year’s guest speaker is the Rev. Jermaine Turner and Pine Grove M.B. Church. The choirs of Pine Grove and Indian Creek will present the song service. Breakfast will be available.
• Singers needed. The Limestone Singers are in need of more singers to visit local nursing homes and assisted living facilities three Sundays each month. The ministry is in its fourth decade of service. For more information, call Herby Greenhaw at 256-0998-0765 or Glynn Snider at 256-431-5029.
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 12/6/13
Farmers Market ribbon-cutting
The public is invited to a 2:30 p.m. ribbon-cutting Saturday to see improvements to Farmers Market at the corner of Green and Houston streets. The market area will open at 2 p.m. to view work done by volunteers with a $20,000 Lowe’s/Keep America Beautiful grant.
Bring the kids to visit with Santa and KALB’s Sparky.
Limestone Ledger 12/5/13
NEW PARADE DATE
Because of potential rain today the 10th annual Reliance Bank Christmas Parade has been rescheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12. It will start at Athens High School on U.S. 31. Float lineup begins at 3:15. The theme is “A Storybook Christmas.” The parade goes west along Hobbs Street, winds around the courthouse, travels down Jefferson Street and ends at Hometown Grocery.
Limestone Ledger 12/4/13
A wreath-making workshop led by Glenda Richardson will be held from 9-11 a.m. Saturday at Saint Timothy’s Episcopal Church, 207 E. Washington St. in Athens. A $30 fee includes supplies and instruction. Proceeds fund Outreach which includes the monthly beans and rice giveaway. Space is limited. Registration required at 256-232-3541.
- Church Bulletin 12/4/13
Limestone Ledger 12/1/13
Christmas Tree Lighting
Local children referred from the Boys & Girls Club will receive toys from Santa and Mrs. Claus at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Lincoln-Bridgeforth Park annual Christmas tree lighting. A few bicycles will be given away. Hot chocolate and refreshments will be served. Children must have been referred to receive toys or be in the bicycle drawing. Sponsored by the Lincoln-Bridgeforth Park Committee.
- Church Bulletin 12/1/13
Limestone Ledger 12/1/13
The Athens Ladies Civitan will host its third annual Holiday Home Tour from 1-5 p.m. Sunday.
Limestone Ledger 11/30/13
Area churches are sponsoring a coat giveaway from 9 a.m. until noon today at Riddles Hall at the intersection of Ripley and Shaw roads in the Ripley-Coxey-Clements community of Limestone County.
- Limestone Ledger 11/29/13
Limestone Ledger 11/28/13
Holiday Home Tour
The Athens Ladies Civitan will host its third annual Holiday Home Tour from 1-5 p.m. on Sunday. The self-guided tour takes participants through five Athens homes decorated for the holidays. Six local caterers will provide a variety of treats to enjoy at each home. Advance tickets are $15 and available at Class Act Hair and Nail Salon, Crawford's Gifts, Pablos on Market, First National Bank (Lindsay Lane), Pam’s Home Furnishings, Pimentos, SheaLeigh’s Boutique, Smith Infinity of Huntsville, Keep Athens-Limestone Beautiful, and Trinity's gifts. Tickets are $20 day of event at each featured home. More information: 256-233-0258.
- More Calendar of Events Headlines
- Limestone Ledger 12/6/13