The Lincoln-Bridgeforth Park Committee will host the 16th annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Ceremony at 11 a.m. Monday at Sweet Home Missionary Baptist Church in Athens. Limestone County Circuit Judge James W. Woodroof Jr. will speak and the Round Island Creek male chorus will perform. Lunch served. No cost. Contact: Robbin Hines 256-874-0287.
Volunteers are needed at all Limestone County senior centers to teach new classes in painting, drawing, crochet/knitting, needlepoint, ceramics and scrapbooking. Contact: Jennifer W. Reece 256-233-6412.
Senior centers activities
Limestone County senior centers participants age 60 and above interested in classes for yoga, Zumba Gold or both up to three afternoons a week are asked to contact Jennifer Reece at 256-233-6412 or Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet for a Dutch lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at Mac’s Steakhouse. Pam Smith of Hospice will talk on “Life Reflections.” Public invited.
• Republican Women. Limestone Republican Women will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at Mac’s Steakhouse. Guest speaker will be Sen. Arthur Orr.
• AMVETS. AMVETS will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at 22769 Bill Black Road. A covered dish dinner will be served.
• Hobbs Camp SCV. The Hobbs Camp of the Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Jimmy Hill will talk on the United Confederate Veterans. Public invited.
• Tanner Class of ’67 Women. Tanner High School Class of 1967 Women will have a “Meet & Eat” at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at 306 Barbecue Restaurant. Contact: Sandra Birdwell 256-232-1628.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP executive and general membership meetings will be held at 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. respectively, Thursday, Dec. 17, at 17308 U.S. 72 West. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.