The News Courier
• Revival. North Athens Church of Christ at 19159 Alabama 127 is holding its Spring Gospel Revival at 7 p.m. through Thursday, May 15, with the theme “Fulfilling Our Purpose.” Guest evangelists from Madison, Tuscumbia, Rogersville and Huntsville will be featured. More information: Sylvester Malone 256-874-1941.
• Youth Day. The Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church, at 14065 Lucas Ferry Road in Athens, will hold its Youth Day at 11 a.m. Sunday, May 18. The Rev. Michael Timberlake, associated minister at St. Paul M.B. Church in Athens is the special guest. More information: 256-533-6354.
• Health Fair. St. Mark P.B. Church, 740 Sanderfer Road in Athens will host its Spring Health Fair from 8:30 a.m. until noon, Saturday, May 24, designed for minds, bodies, spirits and souls. There will be a variety of speakers. The bloodmobile will be available for blood donations. The public is invited.
• Children's Choir. Children of the World International Children's Choir will perform at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, May 25, at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church. The choir includes orphaned and disadvantaged children from several countries who sing, dance, use the spoken word and creative media to convey a message of hope and opportunity.
• Candlelight March. Bright Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America will celebrate its annual Elders, Deacon, Mothers Candlelight March at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 25. The church is located on Mooresville Belle Mina Road. The public and all area churches are invited. More information: James Moore 256-355-6253.
• Operation Timothy II. The Operation Timothy II summer program is accepting registrations at David's Temple Missionary Baptist Church. The program will be held 7:30 a.m.-4:45 p.m. Mondays through Fridays from June 9-Aug. 1. Cost is $220 per child. Contact: Dorothy Shoulders 256-232-8035.
• WORD Encounter. The New Life Church Tuesday WORD Encounter-East is being held at 6:30 p.m. each Tuesday in May at the Lindsay Lane Baptist Church east campus at 1659 Nick Davis Road in Harvest. Pastor Antoyne L. Green will teach the Bible study designed especially for persons living in the East Limestone, Harvest, Toney, Madison, and Huntsville areas. More information: 256-233-7228.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or by sending an email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.