McLin family reunion
Descendents of Richard McLin Sr. and Polly Sandifer McLin are invited to attend the McLin family reunion July 25-27 in Athens. More information: Bernice Robinson 256-232-9228 or Dorothy Shoulders 232-8035.
• Fielding. Decoration begins at 9 a.m. today, May 17. If unable to attend, send donations made out to Fielding Cemetery to: Mae Todd, 19817 Yarbrough Road, Athens, AL 35613.
• Gatlin. Decoration days are May 17-18 at the cemetery on Stateline Road in Ardmore. If unable to attend, donations can be made at Peoples State Bank on Main Street in Ardmore.
• Sylone. Decoration day is Sunday, May 18. Donations for upkeep are welcome. More information: 256-732-3994.
• Limestone Church. Cemetery decoration day is Sunday, May 18. Short meeting and a storm damage discussion will be at 2 p.m. Any objects hindering cemetery maintenance will be removed. If unable to attend, send donations made out to Limestone Church Cemetery to: Robert Evans, 14919 Reid Road, Athens, AL 35611.
Oxford Healthcare fundraiser
The Oxford Healthcare Benefit Yard Sale, originally scheduled for Saturday, is canceled. All items donated for the sale will go to tornado relief. More information: 256-233-0466.
• NAACP. Limestone NAACP general membership meeting is 7:30 p.m. Monday, May 19, at Athens-Limestone Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• Friends of Archives. Friends of the Archives will hold its quarterly meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, at the Limestone County Archives, 102 W. Washington St. The public is invited. More information: 256-233-6404 or email@example.com.
• Partners in Pink. Athens breast cancer support group Partners in Pink will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, in the Athens-Limestone Hospital Education Room. Work will continue on fundraising projects.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will meet for fellowship at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, with the monthly meeting to follow. The VFW post is on North Jefferson Street. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, at 306 Barbecue, U.S. 72 East, Athens. Social hour begins at 6. Jonathan Barbee, a candidate for Public Service Commission place 2, is the guest speaker. The public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL.