• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Lee Y. Green Jr. will speak on “The Skirmish at Woodall Bridge, Hartselle.” The public is invited.
• Democrats. Limestone County Democrats will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at HG Grill on U.S. 72. Guest speaker is Mike Curtis, Democratic candidate for state Senate District 1.
• Soil and Water board. The Limestone County Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Natural Resources Conservation Service Office, 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite 102. The public is invited.
• Positive Look. Positive Look support group for the blind, visually impaired and families and friends, will meet 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Feb. 21, at Athens Recreation Center. Guest speaker is Selena Williams with Comfort Keepers. Bring favorite snack, drink or dessert. More information: Wynell Reynolds 256-232-1493.
• NARFE. National Association of Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street. Athens Fire Department Chief Tony Kirk is guest speaker. Breakfast will be served. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.