‘Mystery of the Trees’
“Mystery of the Trees,” a story of curiously bent trees believed to be used by Indians as sign posts across the continent, will be presented at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center Fellowship Hall at 112 S. Jefferson St. Refreshments served at 6:30. The public is invited to this free event.
Tina Hogan Memorial Fund
Athens-Limestone Hospital has established the Tina Hogan Memorial Fund at First National Bank for anyone wishing to make a donation. This fund is designated for the benefit of Tina’s children, Madison, 21, and Cole, 13. Donations may be made at any First National Bank location: U.S. 72 and Lindsey Lane, the Ardmore location or the new location on Jefferson Street. Tina Hogan, who was a long-time employee in the Quality Management Department at Athens-Limestone Hospital, was killed in a car wreck Jan. 8.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet following a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. today at Mac’s Steakhouse on South Jefferson Street.
• THS Class of ’67. The Tanner High School Class of 1967 women will meet and eat at 5:30 p.m. today at Logan’s Roadhouse restaurant. More information: 256-232-1628.
• AMVETS. The American Veterans monthly meeting is tonight at 22769 Black Road. Fellowship with a covered dish dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7. All veterans are invited. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 tonight at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Tim Kent will speak on “Hood’s Army at Spring Hill and Franklin.” The public is invited.
• Positive Look. Positive Look support group for the blind, visually impaired and families and friends, meets from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at Athens Recreation Center. Speakers will be Channa Campbell and Whitney Mooney from Athens-Limestone Wellness Center. Bring a favorite dish to go with soup. More information: Wynell Reynolds 256-232-1493.
• ASU trustees. Athens State University Board of Trustees will meet at 2 p.m. Friday in Sandridge Student Center ballroom at ASU. The agenda for the meeting may be found online at http://www.athens.edu/board/pdfs/Agenda-January-17-14.pdf.
• NAACP. Limestone NAACP general membership meeting is at 7:30 p.m. Monday at Athens-Limestone Chamber of Commerce. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will meet for a beef stew dinner and fellowship at 6 p.m. Tuesday with the monthly meeting to follow at 7. The VFW post is on North Jefferson Street. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Soil and Water board. The Limestone County Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Natural Resources Conservation Service Office, 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite 102. The public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.