The annual Spirit of Athens Sippin’ Cider event will be held from 5-8 p.m. Saturday on the downtown Square. The free event allows participants to taste cider at area merchants and vote for their favorite, and register for door prizes. Santa and Charles Dickens’ characters will be available for photos. There will be Christmas crafts for children at various stores. Contact: Holly Hollman 256-262-1399.
Troop 7236 Christmas Trees
East Limestone Boy Scout Troop 7236 has Fraser Fir Christmas trees for sale through Dec. 18. Visit the new location at East Limestone and Capshaw roads at the old Reliance Bank lot.
Athens/Limestone County books sale
Friends of the Archives have reduced the price of some of their best-selling books. You can purchase “Treasures of Athens and Limestone County” for $50; “Athens, AL 1861-1865” for $30; “Letters to L&N” for $25; and “Diary of R.B. Meadows” for $10. New books available include “Athens Post and Weekly Post of 1867” and “Schools of Athens and Limestone County,” each $35. Books may be purchased at the Limestone County Archives, Pablo’s on Market and U.G. White. Contact Archives at 256-233-6404.
• Healing Hearts. Healing Hearts of Limestone County support group for pregnancy and infant loss will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3, in the Athens-Limestone Hospital Education Department. Meeting includes a meal and Christmas ornament exchange. Message or post questions to Facebook page Healing Hearts of Limestone County or call 256-497-7285.
• Vietnam Veterans. Vietnam Veterans of America chapter 511 will meet Tuesday, Dec. 4, at the chapter hall. Food at 6:15 p.m., meeting at 7.
• Soil and Water. The Limestone County Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at the Natural Resources Conservation Service Office, 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite 102. The public is invited.
• Board of Adjustment. No Board of Adjustment meeting will be held in December due to no applications being submitted.
• Piecemakers Guild. Piecemakers Guild will meet at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at First Church on Lucas Ferry for a Christmas party. The program will be by the Quilter’s Square of Franklin, Tenn. RSVP to Debbie Yff at 256-230-0922 or Theyffs@yahool.com.
• ALSO. In lieu of a regular monthly meeting, Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 7, at Birdie Thornton Center to host a Christmas party for the clients. Bring a snack.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.