The News Courier
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.
• A Child This Day. The First United Methodist Church Adult Choir under the direction of Mary Stephenson will present “A Child This Day” during the 11 a.m. service today, Dec. 16. The choir will be joined by the Wesley Children’s Choir, orchestra, clavinova and narration.
• Musical. The Fairview Baptist Church choir will present their musical, “There Is Peace In The World Tonight,” at 10:30 a.m. today, Dec 16, at the church location, corner of East Limestone and Nick Davis roads. There will be an encore presentation at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 19. The free event is open to the public.
• Singers needed. The Limestone Singers are in need of more singers to visit local nursing homes and assisted living facilities three Sundays each month. The ministry is in its fourth decade of service. For more information, call Herby Greenhaw at 256-0998-0765 or Glynn Snider at 256-431-5029.
• Holiday desserts. Group 3 of the Greater Hope M.B. Church will have a Holiday Dessert Bake Sale Extravaganza from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, at American Legion Post 49 at 124 Cloverleaf Drive.
• Christmas Giveaway. Sould Out Christian Center-Bama will have a Christmas giveaway at 10 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 23, at The Boys & Girls Club, 1017 W. Washington St. Public is invited.