• Summer Gospel meeting. Lucas Street Church of Christ will host a Summer Gospel Meeting from June 15-18. Sunday services will be at 9 a.m., 10 a.m., lunch and 2:30 p.m., and through the week at 7 p.m. Leaders will by Ernest Campbell, Sunday; Bill Irby, Monday; Cedric McNeil, Tuesday; and Charles Burns, Wednesday.
• Friends & Family Day. New Beria Missionary Baptist Church at 21978 Alabama 99 in Elkmont will hold Friends & Family Day and Father's Day celebration at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 15, with Dr. Jevon Turner and Peace M.B. Church. More information: Eric 256-316-8047.
• North Athens VBS. North Athens Church of Christ vacation Bible school is 6-8 p.m. June 16-19 at 19159 Alabama 127. Classes for all ages. Transportation available. More information: 256-874-1941.
• Market Street VBS. Market Street church of Christ at 514 W. Market St. will hold vacation Bible school at 10 a.m. daily June 16-20. The public is invited. More information: 256-232-1525.
• Solo Gospel Fest. Limestone NAACP will host its Solo Gospel Fest at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 21, at Sweet Home Missionary Baptist Church, 803 Westmoreland St. in Athens. More information: 256-232-0985.
• Ephesus VBS. Ephesus Church of Christ, 21815 Elkton Road, will hold vacation Bible school for all ages at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. June 22 and at 7 nightly June 23-25. The theme is “Journeys for Jesus.” The public is invited.
• Truth Lectures. A Truth Lecture series will be conducted June 23-27 at Athens Bible School. Lecture tracks for men, women and children are available. The theme is “Recapturing the Spirit and Power of The Golden Age of Preaching.” Sponsored by CEIbooks. More information: 256-232-0565 or www.CEIbooks.com.
• Mount Nebo VBS. Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church at 27871 Easter Ferry Road in Lester will hold vacation Bible school at 7 nightly June 25-27. The lesson is Agency D3 – Discover, Decide and Defend 1 Peter 3:15. The public is invited.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.