From staff reports
• Community cookout. Central Church of Christ will host a Fourth of July community cookout beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday, July 4. Hotdogs, hamburgers and homemade ice cream will be served. Face painting for children. Fireworks at dusk in Swan Creek Park.
Contact: Joy Leopard 256-232-2014.
• Homecoming. Little Ezekiel Missionary Baptist Church on Lindsay Road in Tanner will celebrate homecoming at 11 a.m. Sunday, July 7. The theme is “Come Into Thy Father’s House with Thanksgiving and Praise.” Pastor Antoyne Green and New Life Church will be guests.
• CEI Lectures. A series of family-oriented lectures with the theme of “Building Strong Families for Strong Churches and a Strong Nation” will be conducted by CEI Lectures Monday through Thursday, July 8-11, at Athens Bible School. Includes subject matter relevant to men, women and children. See CEIbooks.com for the lecture schedule.
• Summer revival. New Life’s Summer Revival is set for Monday through Wednesday, July 8-10. Pastor Christopher A. Wimberly of the Hunter Hill First Baptist Church in Atlanta is the guest revivalist. Music by the Little Zion Missionary Baptist Church Mass Choir on Monday, the St. James Primitive Baptist Church Mass Choir on Tuesday, and the New Life Music Ministry on Wednesday. Worship begins at 7 each night. The public is invited.
• Revival. Peace Missionary Baptist Church at 1214 Plainview Circle in Athens is inviting the public to attend revival services at 7 nightly July 8-12. The evangelist for the week is the Rev. Clifford Mayes of Toledo, Ohio.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.