The News Courier
• Marriage sermons. Pastor Tim Anderson of Clements Baptist Church will conduct a sermon series, “Strengthening Your Marriage” at 9:30 a.m. Sundays through Feb. 9 at the church, 8690 U.S. 72 West. The public is invited.
• Founders Month. Christ Church at 1350 Evangel Drive is celebrating its annual Founder’s Month. The lineup of speakers includes: Pastor Jonathan Hambrick and Changing A Generation Church choir at 7 tonight; Minister Anice Price from New Jerusalem MB Church on Sunday; Minister Paula Rooks from Church Street CPCA and the St. Elizabeth Church choir at 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31.
• Singing. Holt Road Baptist Church is the site of a gospel singing at 6 p.m. Saturday. Holt Family Bluegrass Band will be featured. Everyone is welcome. More information: 256-232-6160.
• Valentine Tea. Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist Church at 27971 Easter Ferry Road in Lester will hold its Valentine Tea at 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1. The public is invited for an evening of love and fellowship.
• Quarterly singing. Oakland Church of Christ at 18111 Townsend Ford Road in Athens will hold its quarterly singing at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1. The public is invited. More information: 256-729-8866.
• Men’s conference. Registration is underway for the fifth annual Joint Men’s Conference set for 5-10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, on the Clements Baptist Church campus. The fee is $25 and includes dinner at 5 p.m. Registration deadline is Sunday, Feb. 2. More information: 256-729-1328 and www.clementsbaptist.org.
• Black history month celebration. Trinity High School Class of 1966 will host its annual Black History Month Celebration at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, at Village View United Methodist Church in Athens. Pastor Gaylon Darby of Rockford, Ill., is the guest speaker. Music is by David Temple Missionary Baptist Church Youth Choir. Contact: Shelbye Hobbs 256-233-2264.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.