• Marriage sermons. Pastor Tim Anderson of Clements Baptist Church is conducting a sermon series, “Strengthening Your Marriage” at 9:30 a.m. Sundays through Feb. 9 at the church, 8690 U.S. 72 West. The public is invited.
• Creation/evolution debate. New Life Assembly of God at 16768 U.S. 72 West will air the live streaming of a debate between creationist Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis and scientist and evolutionist Bill Nye “the science guy” at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4. This is a free public event. More information: Church office 256-232-6119 or Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Athens-New-Life-Assembly.
• Men’s conference. Registration is underway for the fifth annual Joint Men’s Conference set for 5-10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, on the Clements Baptist Church campus. The fee is $25 and includes dinner at 5 p.m. Registration deadline is Sunday, Feb. 2. More information: 256-729-1328 and www.clementsbaptist.org.
• Youth revival. Church of the Living God at 22870 Sandlin Road in Elkmont is holding a youth revival at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7-8. Contact: Jesse Woodby 256-226-2998.
• Black history month celebration. Trinity High School Class of 1966 will host its annual Black History Month Celebration at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, at Village View United Methodist Church in Athens. Pastor Gaylon Darby of Rockford, Ill., is the guest speaker. Music is by David Temple Missionary Baptist Church Youth Choir. Contact: Shelbye Hobbs 256-233-2264.
• Men’s Day. The Saint Mark Primitive Baptist Church at 740 Sanderfer Road will hold its ninth annual Men’s Day Sunday, Feb. 9. Featured guest churches are Anthony Hill Missionary Baptist Church at 11 a.m. and Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church at 2 p.m.. The public is invited.
• Guest church. Pastor Annanis Green and Macedonia Primitive Baptist Church will give the program at 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9, at Phillips Tabernacle Primitive Baptist Church. The public invited.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or by sending an email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.