• Youth revival. Church of the Living God at 22870 Sandlin Road in Elkmont is holding a youth revival at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7-8. Contact: Jesse Woodby 256-226-2998.
• Black history month celebration. Trinity High School Class of 1966 will host its annual Black History Month Celebration at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, at Village View United Methodist Church in Athens. Pastor Gaylon Darby of Rockford, Ill., is the guest speaker. Music is by David Temple Missionary Baptist Church Youth Choir. Contact: Shelbye Hobbs 256-233-2264.
• African-American History Month. Christ Church at 1350 Evangel Drive will celebrate African-American History Month at 10:15 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 9. The public is invited. The theme is “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made you free.” Guest minister is Michael Elliot Rice, associate minister of St. Luke Christian Church. Christ Church children and youth will bring the music.
• Men’s Day. The Saint Mark Primitive Baptist Church at 740 Sanderfer Road will hold its ninth annual Men’s Day Sunday, Feb. 9. Featured guest churches are Anthony Hill Missionary Baptist Church at 11 a.m. and Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church at 2 p.m.. The public is invited.
• Guest church. Pastor Annanis Green and Macedonia Primitive Baptist Church will give the program at 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9, at Phillips Tabernacle Primitive Baptist Church. The public is invited.
• Valentine Tea. The Women’s Ministry of Little Ezekiel Missionary Baptist Church is hosting a Valentine Tea at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 9. Minister Effie Clifton is the speaker. The Woodruff Family will provide music. The public is invited.
• Valentine Banquet. New Life Assembly of God at 16768 U.S. 72 West is hosting a Valentine Banquet fundraiser at 7 p.m. Friday Feb. 14. Proceeds support students going to youth convention at Orange Beach on March 7-8 and Speed-the-Light (a youth missions project). Tickets are $20 per couple or $12 per individual at the church or by calling 256-232-6119.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.