AHS blood drive
Athens High School Student Council Association will hold a blood drive from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday at the LifeSouth buses in front of the school. Their goal is to collect 175 pints of blood.
All contributions donated to Ethan Haney’s fundraiser should be made out to Ethan Haney at Bank Independent or to David Haney, 11906 Poplar Hill Lane, Athens, AL 35611.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will hold a members-only meeting at 10:30 a.m. today, Thursday, Sept. 19, at Athens Rehabilitation and Senior Care on Market Street.
• AMVETS. Mims-Russell American Veterans Memorial Post 21 will meet at 6 tonight, Thursday, Sept. 19, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Potluck dinner at 6 p.m. Meeting begins at 7. For more information, go online to www.amvetspost21.org.
• Republican women. Limestone Republican Women will meet tonight, Thursday, Sept. 19, at HF Grill on U.S. 72. Dinner at 5:45 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker Heather Beshears.
• SCV. Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives. Limestone County Archivist Rebekah Davis will speak on how to look up your ancestors. Public invited.
• Positive Look. Positive Look support group for the blind and visually impaired and family and friends will meet from 10 a.m.-noon Friday, Sept. 20, at Athens Recreation Center. Athens Dulcimers will play. Contact: Wynell Reynolds at 256-232-1493.
• City Council. Athens City Council members will hold a work session on the general fund at 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, in the mayor’s conference room of the temporary City Hall inside the Athens Utilities building off Wilkinson Drive. The meeting is open to the public.
• Democrats. Limestone County Democrats will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, at the home of Judy Wilson, 15380 Spring Lake Drive, Athens. Light refreshments. Public invited.
• Ladies Civitan. Athens Ladies Civitan will hold its installation dinner and new-member initiation at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, at First National Bank on U.S. 72, upstairs. Bring a dish. Guests welcome. RSVP Pat Lewis2grenro.net.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to email@example.com, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.