Tanner reunion planning
Tanner High School Class of 1959 graduates are being asked to provide updated addresses to the reunion committee. A reunion is being planned for 5 p.m., July 18, at Yesterdays. Provide information to Ann Nave McLemore at 256-232-3567 as soon as possible.
• Fellowship Quilt Guild. Athens Fellowship Quilt Guild will meet at 9:30 a.m. Monday, July 14, in the First Presbyterian Church fellowship hall. The program is “Bring a Quilt That Tells a Story.”
• NAACP. Limestone NAACP general membership meeting is 7:30 p.m. Monday, July 14, at Athens-Limestone Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-233-8489.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will meet for snacks and fellowship at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, with the monthly meeting to follow. The VFW post is on North Jefferson Street. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 15, at 306 Barbecue on U.S. 72. Social time begins at 5:30. The public is invited.
• Zoning board. The Board of Zoning Adjustment for the city of Athens will hold a 5 p.m. work session and 5:30 regular meeting Thursday, July 17, in City Council chambers in the Athens Police Department, 951 E. Hobbs St. Purpose is to hear opinions on request for variances on front and side yard setbacks at 1310 W. Elm St. in an agricultural (AG) district.
• AMVETS. The American Veterans monthly meeting is Thursday, July 17, at 22769 Black Road. Fellowship with a covered dish dinner at 6 p.m., meeting at 7. All veterans are invited. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 17, at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Local author Jerry Barksdale will discuss researching “Revolutionaries and Rebels” based on Athens and Limestone County. The public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL.