Clements VFD fundraiser
Clements Volunteer Fire Department is conducting a five-week, door-to-door fund/picture drive. Donations will be used to purchase new turnout gear.
• Master Gardeners. Limestone County Master Gardeners will meet at noon, Monday, July 8, at the Extension office on Market Street. Bring a salad for a potluck salad lunch. Herb Lewis will present the program, “Gardening for the Birds: Landscaping Toward Going Green.”
• Historic Commission. Athens Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, in the Public Works building at 1600 W. Elm St. Work session begins at 5:45 p.m., regular session at 6.
• DAV. Disabled American veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, for fellowship, with business meeting to follow at 7. More information: 256-771-3225.
• Soil & Water. Limestone County Soil and Conservation District Board of Supervisors will meet at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 9, at the Natural Resources Conservation Office at 1795 U.S. 72 East, Suite 102.
• Cancer Society. American Cancer Society will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 9, at Shoney’s. Survivors and caregivers are invited. More information: 256-232-6455.
• American Legion. American Legion Post 49 and Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11. Call 256-233-3023 for information.
• Sportsman Club. Limestone County Sportsman Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11, at the clubhouse on Kennedy Road in Athens. Upcoming events and business will be discussed. Covered-dish dinner to follow. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.