• Sister Aide & Matron. Indian Creek Primitive Baptist Church will have its annual Sister Aide and Matron’s Celebration at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, July 14. The Rev. Joe Hereford, pastor of Moses Chapel P.B. Church will be the guest speaker.
• VBS. Salem United Methodist Church will hold vacation Bible school from 6-8:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, July 15-17, at 26301 Salem Minor Hill Road in Lester. VBS is for children preschool age through fifth grade.
• VBS. “Son, Sand & Surf,” a luau-themed vacation Bible school will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, July 15-19, at Majestic Chapel, 21315 Hays Mill Road in Elkmont. Ages 3-18 are welcome. Contact: Kathy Webster 256-431-8379.
• Anniversary. Saturday, July 20, is the deadline to purchase tickets at $25 per person for the St. Mark P.B. Church of Athens victory banquet to celebrate 100 years of victory. The banquet is at 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, at Garden Plaza & Suites, 1101 Sixth Ave. in Decatur. Special guest speaker is elder Jeffery T. Rainey of Christian Union P.B. Church in Mobile. Ticket information: Sharon Grigsby 256-232-6460 or Alice Anderson 256-233-4296.
• Homecoming. Antioch CPCA at 923 Brownsferry Street in Athens is inviting the public to its annual homecoming and church celebration at 11:10 a.m. Sunday, July 21. Guest minister is the Rev. James E. Coffey of Frazier CME Church in Athens. Contact: 256-851-7747.
• Men and Women’s Day. The Mount Nebo M.B. Church at 27971 Easter Ferry Road in Lester is having their annual Men and Women’s Day Program at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, July 21. Pastor Wesley David and the St. Luke M.B. Church will be in charge.
• Revival. Antioch CPCA at 923 Brownsferry St. in Athens is inviting the public to its annual revival services at 7 nightly from July 29-31. Guest minister is the Rev. William L. Robinson, pastor of St. James CPCA No. 2 in Toney and vice moderator of the general assembly of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America. Contact: 256-851-7747.
• Summer Revival. The Mount Nebo Summer Revival is being held at 7 nightly July 29-31 at 27971 Easter Ferry Road in Lester. Various speakers and choirs will be featured each night. Public invited.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.