American Red Cross will conduct a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 1418 Old Railroad Bed Road.
Library page applications
Summer library page applications for teens will be available at Athens-Limestone Public Library March 17-April 19. Applicants must be age 13 by June 1 and have completed seventh grade. Applications also available at alcpl.org. Due April 19. More information: Kelli 256-232-1233.
Donnell House fundraiser
A bridge tournament to raise funds for the restoration of the Donnell House will be held at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 25, at Donnell House. Cost to play is $25. Brunch served. Reservations by today, March 18. Make checks payable to Donnell House and mail to: Myrna Burgreen, 100 Maryville Drive, Athens, AL 35611. More information: 256-232-5600 or 232-7109.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will meet for dinner and fellowship at 6 tonight, March 18, with the monthly meeting to follow. Nominations for new officers will be taken. The VFW post is on North Jefferson Street. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Partners in Pink. Athens breast cancer support group Partners in Pink will meet at 6 tonight, March 18, in the Athens-Limestone Hospital Education Room. All breast cancer patients and survivors are invited. Preparations will be made for the April Health Fair on the Square.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet following a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 20, at Mac’s Steakhouse on South Jefferson Street. Dennis Morrison, director of Joy’s House, will speak.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 20, at the Alabama Veterans Museum. Michael Cole will speak on “The Last Battles in Tennessee.” The public is invited.
• Positive Look. Positive Look support group for the blind, visually impaired and families and friends, meets from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, March 21, at Athens Recreation Center. The speaker is Stephanie Ritter, RN, BSN, with Athens-Limestone Hospital. More information: Wynell Reynolds 256-232-1493.