• Paratroopers. The Alabama chapter of the 82nd Airborne Division Association invites all paratroopers, past or present, to their monthly meeting at 11:30 a.m. today, March 16, at the Outlaw Steakhouse in Guntersville. Information: http://www.yourfriends.com/vulcan82nd/
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP general membership meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 18, at the Chamber of Commerce, 101 Beaty St. Public welcome. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for dinner at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Nominations for new officers and meeting to follow. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
• Democratic Conference. The Alabama Democratic Conference will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Frazier Chapel AME Church on Hine Street in Athens. Biannual election of officers and regular meeting activities. Public invited. Contact: James Lucas 256-431-3744.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet and have a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 21, at Mac’s Steakhouse on Jefferson Street. Special guest is motivational speaker and author Allison Wetherbee. Public invited.
• AMVETS. Post 21 and the Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Covered dish dinner will be served. Upcoming events and Post business will be discussed. Contact: 256-771-2029
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 21, at the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives. Public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.