Veterans Museum fish fry
Advance tickets are available for the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives annual fish fry to be held from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Friday, April 26, at Emmanuel Baptist Church, 1917 U.S. 72 West in Athens. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Available at the museum, 100 W. Pryor Street.
• Democrats. The Limestone County Democrats will meet at 6 tonight, April 11, at the Sheriff's Rodeo Arena. The meal is a pot luck dinner. The speaker is Leanne Townsend, field-organizing director for the Alabama Democratic Party. The public is invited.
• Beekeepers. Limestone County Beekeepers Assoc. will meet at 6 tonight, April 11, at the Limestone County Water Authority building on U.S. 72 in Athens. Beginners are welcome. Contact: 256-232-9073.
• ALERA. Athens-Limestone Education Retirees Association will meet at 9:30 a.m. Friday, April 12, at Athens Recreation Center near AHS stadium. Program includes memorial service for deceased retirees and presentation on “depression glass.” Contact: Jerry George 256-729-1145.
• NSDAR. John Wade Keyes chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, April 13, at First Presbyterian Church. Junior American Citizens and JROTC awards will be presented. Contact: Judy Rew 256-230-2105 or Doris Estes 256-232-8733.
• ALCA. Athens-Limestone Community Association will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday, April 15, at Village View United Methodist Church, 331 S. Hine St. Purpose is to discuss a grant to fund a Trinity Community Center on the historic Trinity High School/Fort Henderson property on Brownsferry Street. Friends, graduates and supporters are welcome.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for dinner, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. New officers elections are scheduled. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.