• Garden Club. Athens Garden Club members and guests will meet at 9 a.m. today, Feb. 13, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Cory Brown, owner of the Catbird Seat, will present “Growing Flowers with Larger Blooms.” Meeting is open to members and their guests.
• Council on Aging. An “Associate & Appreciate” meeting will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 15, at Limestone County Council on Aging, 912 W. Pryor St. Meet officials for conversation, questions and to exchange ideas. Refreshments served.
• Positive Outlook. Positive Outlook will meet from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, Feb. 15, at the Athens Recreation Center. Positive Outlook is a support group for the blind and visually impaired. Contact: 256-232-1493.
• Friends of Archives. The Friends of the Archives quarterly meeting will be at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Limestone County Archives, 102 W. Washington St. (the green, former train depot). Members and public invited. Contact: 256-233-6404 or email@example.com.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary will gather for dinner, fellowship and the monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Post, 4765 N. Jefferson St. Contact: Fred 256-233-0213.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.