— Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.
• Family & Friends Day. The public is invited to attend Family & Friends Day today, Nov. 11, at Westside Church of Christ, 25704 Smithfield Road in Elkmont. Morning worship, 10 a.m., with Dewayne Tapscott, minister at Southwest & Piney Grove Church of Christ; Bible study, 11:15 a.m.; lunch, 12:30 p.m.; afternoon worship, 2:30 p.m., with Tim Smith of the Inner City Church of Christ in Huntsville.
• Revival. Nebo Community Church on Nuclear Plant Road at Jones Cross Roads will hold a revival Sunday through Wednesday, Nov. 11-14. Today’s service will be at 5 p.m. Monday through Wednesday services will be at 7 p.m.
• 30-hour famine. Clements Baptist Church teenagers and college students will participate in a 30-hour famine Nov. 16-17 to raise money for those who struggle with hunger around the world. Proceeds go to the Horn of Africa, Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia and provide nourishment, medicine and life-saving care are for those in need. The goal is $15,000. To donate, contact Justin Bedingfield at 256-729-1328, email@example.com or visit www.clementsbaptist.org.
• Turkey giveaway. The senior adult ministry and Senior Pastor John W. Jude invited the public to their annual feed the hungry turkey giveaway at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, at Pleasant Grove Church Family, 15439 Hasting Road in Athens. Two hundred turkeys will be given away on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Day of Love. Pleasant Grove Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America will hold a Day of Love and give away free food boxes and turkeys at 15439 Hastings Road from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17. Contact: 256-216-0660 or 256-233-5995.
• Thanksgiving dinner. A free meal community Thanksgiving dinner will be held from noon until 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, at Westside Church of Christ, 25704 Smithfield Road in Elkmont.
• Anniversary. Pleasant Grove Church Family at 15439 Hasting Road in Athens will celebrate their pastor and first lady’s 17th anniversary at 10 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18. The Rev. Barbara Clemons of the Alabama Synod will be guest speaker. Contact: Mary Steele 256-216-0660.