Caregiver’s Night Out will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Friendship United Methodist Church, 16479 Lucas Ferry Road. Make reservations by noon Thursday, Nov. 15, at 256-232-7207.
The annual STUFF-A-TRUCK food drive to benefit Limestone County Churches Involved will be held from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the First National Bank on the corner of Lindsay Lane and U.S. 72, and the old Kroger building parking lot on North Jefferson Street. Donors are asked to bring nonperishable food items.
Swamp John’s lunch
A Swamp John’s fish, chicken or combo lunch will be held from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday at Frazier CME Church on Hine Street. Cost is $10. Proceeds go to Relay for Life. For information or tickets: Jimmy Gill 256-232-0591.
ABS fruit sale
Athens Bible School is taking orders for their annual fruit sale. Orders can be picked up from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1. To place orders, contact the main office at 256-232-3525 or visit www.athensbibleschool.org.
Holiday Home Tour
Athens Ladies Civitan Club is selling tickets for their Holiday Home Tour to be held from 1-5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. For information on homes to be toured and ticket locations, contact Carolyn Stair 256-233-0258 or Carol Malone 256-232-2865.
Weight loss support group
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a weight loss support group, meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Mondays in Room 133 at Central Church of Christ. Contact: 256-444-8167.
• Master Gardeners. The Limestone County Master Gardener Assoc. will meet at noon Monday, Nov. 12, in the Extension Office on Market Street in Athens.
•Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will hold its regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12, at LuVici’s Restaurant in Athens. Contact: Chairman Coffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cancer survivor dinner. An American Cancer Society dinner and meeting for cancer survivors, caregivers and guests will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13, at Catfish Cabin 2. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• Quarterback club. The Tanner Quarterback Club will meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 13. The Tanner Youth Association meeting will follow. Anyone interested in youth or school athletics is invited to attend.
• Garden Club. Athens Garden Club members and guests will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Bobby Black will present the program, “Autumn Holiday Floral Arrangements.”
• School board meeting. The Athens City School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 15, in the boardroom at the central office.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, at the Athens Senior Center on Pryor Street to wrap Birdie Thornton Christmas gifts. Members are asked to bring scissors and tape.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, Nov. 15, at Mac’s Steakhouse, 1733 S. Jefferson St., in Athens. Social at 6 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker will be national committeewoman Vicki Drummond.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. Guest speaker will be Dr. Alison Barrett from “Antique Road Show.” Breakfast served. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.