Weight loss support group
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a weight loss support group, meets from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Mondays in Room 133 at Central Church of Christ. Contact: 256-444-8167.
• Cancer survivor dinner. An American Cancer Society dinner and meeting for cancer survivors, caregivers and guests will be held at 6 tonight, Nov. 13, at Catfish Cabin 2. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• Quarterback club. The Tanner Quarterback Club will meet at 7 tonight, Nov. 13. The Tanner Youth Association meeting will follow. Anyone interested in youth or school athletics is invited to attend.
• Garden Club. Athens Garden Club members and guests will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Bobby Black will present the program, “Autumn Holiday Floral Arrangements.”
• School board meeting. The Athens City School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 15, in the boardroom at the central office.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, at the Athens Senior Center on Pryor Street to wrap Birdie Thornton Christmas gifts. Members are asked to bring scissors and tape.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, Nov. 15, at Mac’s Steakhouse, 1733 S. Jefferson St., in Athens. Social at 6 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker will be national committeewoman Vicki Drummond.
• AMVETS. Post 21 and the Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Covered dish dinner will be served. Upcoming events and club business will be discussed. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• Positive Look. The Positive Look support group for the blind and visually impaired, family and friends will meet from 10 a.m. until noon Friday, Nov. 16, at the Athens Recreation Center. Bring snacks to share. Contact: Wynell Reynolds 256-232-1493.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. Guest speaker will be Dr. Alison Barrett from “Antique Road Show.” Breakfast served. Contact: Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
• NAACP. The Limestone County NAACP meeting for election of officers and executives will be held from 6:30-8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19, at 17308 U.S. 72 West in Athens. Contact: Wilbert Woodruff 256-227-8489 or 256-216-5668.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.