Author visit/football party
Athens-Limestone Public Library will host author Sherri Graves Smith from noon until 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21. The free event includes a football party honoring Mrs. Smith, complete with snacks, games, crafts and stories. Smith will read, sign autographs, and have books for sale at $14.95 each plus tax. All ages welcome and encouraged to wear their team colors. More information: 256-232-1233.
Blankenship & Lee reunion
The Blankenship & Lee reunion will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21, at the Owens Community Center on Alabama 99. Bring a dish. For more information, call Patricia Uselton at 256-233-0399 or 256-431-0708.
• Partners in Pink. Partners in Pink Breast Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, at the Athens-Limestone Hospital education room. Dr. Daley and Dr. Lang with HealthSource of Athens will give a presentation on nutrition. Contact: Tammy Woodward 256-206-6052.
• VFW. VFW and Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17, at the post home on North Jefferson Street. Contact: 256-233-0213.
• Cowart PTO. Cowart Elementary School will have a PTO meeting and open house beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 17.
• Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Party will hold its monthly meeting Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 306 Barbecue on U.S. 72 in Athens. Social hour from 6-7 p.m. Executive committee meeting at 7. Public invited.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will hold a members-only meeting at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at Athens Rehabilitation and Senior Care on Market Street.
• AMVETS. Mims-Russell American Veterans Memorial Post 21 will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at 22769 Black Road in Athens. Potluck dinner at 6 p.m. Meeting begins at 7. www.amvetspost21.org.
• Republican Women. The Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, Sept. 19, at HF Grill on U.S. 72. Dinner at 5:45 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Guest speaker is Heather Beshears.
• SCV. The Capt. Thomas H. Hobbs Camp 768 Sons of Confederate Veterans will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at the Alabama Veterans Museum and Archives. Limestone County Archivist Rebekah Davis will speak on how to look up your ancestors. The public is invited.
• Positive Look. The Positive Look support group for the blind and visually impaired, family and friends will meet from 10 a.m. until noon Friday, Sept. 20, at the Athens Recreation Center. Athens Dulcimers will play. Contact: Wynell Reynolds 256-232-1493.
• Democrats. The Limestone County Democrats will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, at the home of Judy Wilson, 15380 Spring Lake Drive in Athens. Light refreshments. Public is invited.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.