The News Courier
• Gospel meeting. Ephesus Church of Christ, 21815 Elkton Road, will hold a gospel meeting through Wednesday. Tommy Hagewood of Leesburg, Fla., will preach. Services are at 7 p.m.
• Annual prayer breakfast. The annual prayer breakfast will be held at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at St. Mark Primitive Baptist Church at 740 Sanderfer Road in Athens.
• Pancake breakfast. Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church will hold a pancake breakfast from 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Applebee’s on U.S. 72 in Athens. Cost is $5. Must present a ticket or purchase one at the door.
• Nebo singing. Nebo Community Church on Nuclear Plant Road will have a singing at 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29. Canned goods donations will be accepted for the LCCI food pantry.
• Gospel singing. Community Baptist Church at 28480 Lambert Road in Ardmore will hold a gospel singing at 6 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 29, featuring Denise Hopkins-Jaco of Toney. For more information, call 256-423-8988.
• Women’s Conference. The seventh annual RICMB Association Women’s Conference will be a Round Island Creek Mission Center, at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 4, and 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 5. Friday’s facilitator will be Pastor Wesley Jones, C.P.C.A., Huntsville. Music will be by Round Island Women’s Choir, Brondi Gill, Elaine Tibbs Rire, Joyce Rogers-Peoples, and the Chosen Generation Praise Team. The theme is “Exalting the Lord, Equipping the Saints, Evangelizing the Sinners.” Door prizes will be given Friday and Saturday. Saturday’s program will begin at 9 a.m. with conference facilitators Eunice Scott, Indian Creek P.B. Church, and Angela Anderson, New Hope CPCA, Madison. For more information, call Geraldine McDonald at 256-355-1443 or Imogene Malone at 256-232-6247.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.