The News Courier
• Friends and Family Day. Tanner Church of Christ at 19925 Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road will hold Friends and Family Day on Sunday, Oct. 13. Mark Little speaks at 9:30 a.m., Charles Thompson at 10:30 a.m. Lunch will follow. Singing and devotional at 2 p.m. More information: 256-233-1448.
• Guest speaker. Tommy Thrasher will speak at 9 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 13 and at 7 p.m. Oct. 14-18 at Southside church of Christ on U.S. 31 South in Athens. The church is located 0.7 miles south of Walmart on the right.
• Harvest Luncheon. First Christian Church at 400 W. Market St., will have a Harvest Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17. Tickets are $10. Menu includes poppy seed chicken, sweet potato casserole, green beans, tossed salad, rolls, dessert and a drink. Carryouts are available. For tickets, call 256-232-0560.
• Harvest Celebration. Antioch CPCA will hold its annual Harvest Celebration at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20. Special guest is Pastor Kevin C. Smith and Simply Amazing Ministries Church family. The public is invited.
• Family and Friends Day. Bright Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America on Mooresville Road will celebrate Family and Friends Day at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20. The Rev. Donnie Malone and New Zion Church will be in charge of the service.
• Gospel concert. Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church at 14065 Lucas Ferry Road will hold a gospel concert at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 20, featuring choirs, male choruses, soloists, and male and female groups. The public is invited. More information: 256-230-0037.
• Gospel meeting. The gospel of Christ will be preached at the Northside Church of Christ at 1201 N. Jefferson St. with a different speaker each day from Sunday Oct. 20 through Wednesday Oct. 23. Sunday services are at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m., and Monday through Wednesday services are at 7 p.m. Speakers include: Kasey Harbin, Sunday; Jeff May Monday; Greg Chandler, Tuesday; and Bobby Graham, Wednesday. More information: 256-232-3179.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.