• ALVA. Athens-Limestone Veterans Association will meet at 7 tonight at 124 Cloverleaf Drive. Members will vote on by-law changes to expand current membership eligibility.
• American Legion. Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary will meet tonight at the Post home, 124 Cloverleaf Drive. Auxiliary meets at 7. Post 49 meeting immediately follows the ALVA meeting. Contact: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023.
• Quilt Quild. Athens Dixie Stitchers Quilt Guild will meet tonight at Friendship Methodist Church on Lucas Ferry Road. Social time begins at 6:30 with meeting to follow. Anyone interested in quilting is invited. More information: 256-233-3113.
• GOP Executive Committee. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will hold its monthly meeting at the International House of Pancakes in Athens at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 9. The guest speaker is state Sen. Bill Holtzclaw, R-Madison.
• VFW. Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliary welcome the public to attend their annual Veterans Day chicken stew Nov. 11 at the Post on North Jefferson Street in Athens. Flag raised at 10 a.m. followed by guest speaker Col. Bowers and then stew at 11. Contact: Kevin 256-919-1032.
• Ardmore vets. The Ardmore AL/TN Veterans Club annual Veterans Day dinner is at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 11 at the Ardmore, Tenn. annex behind Pizza Hut. Free chicken stew, drinks and dessert for all and will end when food runs out. More information and directions: 256-874-4821.
• DAV. Disabled American Veterans will meet for fellowship at 6 p.m. and business meeting at 7 Nov. 12 at 25396 Airport Road. Contact: Lyle Sadler 256-771-2029.
• Cancer support group. The American Cancer Society support group will meet at 6 p.m. Nov. 12 at Shoney’s on U.S. 72 for dinner. All survivors and caregivers are invited.
• AGC. Athens Garden Club will meet Nov. 13 at Tanner Baptist Church. Social at 9 a.m., meeting at 9:30.Guest speaker is Natasha McCrary, proprietor, 1818 Farms in Mooresville. Donations collected for Limestone County Church Involved food program. More information: email@example.com.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 256-233-7753 or bring to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611.